Sea Moss Powder has proven natural health benefits. Finding the right natural supplement for your body and lifestyle can be tricky. Thankfully, we have a solution. We at Atlantic Naturals are proud to introduce our new Sea Moss Powder supplement. If you're unfamiliar with the fantastic benefits of sea moss, then this article is for you.
What is Sea Moss Powder?
Sea moss powder is the most versatile form of sea moss. Sea moss, considered a superfood, grows on the Atlantic coast, Caribbean, and other parts of North America. It's also called Chondrus crispus or Irish Moss and has been used for hundreds of generations due to its healing properties and health benefits. Sea moss can be consumed in its natural state, tablets, mixed into foods, or as a powder.
Sea moss provides over 90 different minerals, each with its own benefits. Here are a few of the most beneficial nutrients in Irish Moss:
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential nutrient for the immune system. It helps strengthen the body against infection.
- Magnesium: Magnesium plays a role in maintaining health for several bodily systems, including the nervous system, muscle health, blood pressure, and more.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 assists in eye health, mental performance, bone strength, and countless other bodily functions.
- Fiber: Dietary fiber helps in weight loss, cholesterol levels, and helps keep the digestive system regular.
- Iron: Iron assists in the growth and efficiency of red blood cells, muscle, and lung health.
- Calcium: Calcium helps create strong bones, teeth, and nails. Plus, it helps improve the cardiovascular system.
What are the Benefits of Sea Moss Powder?
Sea moss provides some serious benefits thanks to the vitamins it contains. Gaining access to the benefits doesn't happen overnight. And some people may require additional dietary changes to truly absorb the boons that sea moss offers. However, after consistent superfood consumption, here are some of the most significant changes you can expect.
- Improves Mood: Irish moss helps regulate brain chemistry and hormones. It also helps reduce and prevent cognitive erosion. Essentially, it helps create more of the healthy brain chemicals while decreasing the production of harmful chemicals such as cortisol (the stress hormone). It's worth mentioning that sea moss is not a cure for depression, anxiety, or other mental illnesses, but it can help to give you a fighting chance. Combining sea moss with other healthy dietary habits and exercise are key to maximizing the amazing properties of the superfood.
- Stabilizes Weight: Sea moss contains the amino acid citrulline. Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid. This means that although it's not required, it does improve specific bodily systems. When consumed, the body converts citrulline into nitric acid and arginine. The result is a supercharged metabolism that aids in weight loss and helps regulate thyroids to prevent further weight gain.
- Boosts Energy: Chondrus Crispus has iron and other vitamins that help improve energy levels. Iron, as mentioned above, plays a role in muscle growth and lung capacity. Both of which are crucial to maintaining high energy levels.
- Fuels the Immune System: Sea moss acts as an anti-inflammatory and provides numerous vitamins that boost the immune system.
- Better Skin, Hair, and Nails: Irish moss contains collagen. Collagen is a powerhouse protein that appears in connective tissue, muscle gain, and of course, your hair, skin, and nails. Most "anti-aging" products contain collagen. It can help create smooth, vibrant skin, stronger nails, and full, thick hair. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, leading to stiff joints and the general signs of aging.
- Helps Build Muscle: Sea moss has taurine, a naturally occurring chemical responsible for healthy muscle growth. Taurine is a common ingredient in energy drinks. However, because energy drinks also contain caffeine, sugars, and various other potentially harmful chemicals, they aren't the best source of taurine. When taken responsibly, taurine has no adverse side effects in most people. The taurine in sea moss can potentially make the difference for long-term gym-goers and fitness buffs looking to find an edge.
- Libido Boost: Sea moss increases mood, energy, and blood flow. The result of which can improve the libido.
- Thyroid Health: Your thyroid controls your metabolism, mental performance, and essentially every cell in your body. Regulating your thyroid comes down to healthy iodine intake, which sea moss provides.
How to Use Sea Moss Powder
Sea moss powder is the most versatile form of sea moss. And it can be converted into the highly coveted gel form of sea moss. Sea moss powder can be mixed into any meal, but most people prefer it with smoothies, shakes, and other meal replacement options. For best results, take 1-2 tablespoons per day, every day. Most people start noticing a difference after a few months of consistent use.
Keep in mind that sea moss can act as a mild blood thinner. This means it's best to reduce or limit sea moss intake if you regularly require aspirin and other blood thinners. Also, pregnant women should avoid taking sea moss until more information about the effects of sea moss on pregnancy is available.
- Recipe for the Oatberry Sea moss Smoothie
- As a healthy meal replacement, try mixing:
- 4 cups of Oatmeal for substance and proteins.
- A hearty handful of strawberries for flavor.
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds for potassium.
- 6 ice cubes for consistency.
- 2 tablespoons of sea moss powder
- And a dollop of organic honey for those of us with a sweet tooth.
It's best to drink it after a workout as your body will better absorb the nutrients.
Sea Moss Powder into Gel
You can change your sea moss powder into gel form for added use. All you need is spring water (or any alkaline water.) Use 2 cups of spring water for every three tablespoons. Blend on high until all of the powder is absorbed, pour into a container, and sit at room temperature until it solidifies into a gel.
Other Forms of Sea Moss and Benefits
Pills: Sea moss pills provide all of the benefits of sea moss in easily manageable portions. Taking 1-2 sea moss pills a day is all you need to unlock the potential of sea moss. Pills are great for those of us that don't cook or make smoothies often. Plus, they are easy to transport and can last longer than other forms of sea moss.
Raw Sea Moss: Raw sea moss can be added to food or used as a balm. Raw sea moss can help heal wounds and clear up rashes and other skin irritations. Sea moss in any form is virtually tasteless, so don't be afraid to try raw sea moss in your next meal. It is possible to eat sea moss raw, but it works best when mixed.
How to Identify Raw Sea Moss
Chondrus Crispus can be identified by the following traits.
Color: Raw Irish Moss ranges from deep lettuce green to dark purple. In some cases, the tips of it may be white or clear. Sea moss stems have a short, curved cartilage-like design that branches into its trademark-colored leaves.
Taste: Sea moss is tasteless in meals, but raw sea moss has a vaguely salty seaweed flavor.
Picking sea moss involves visiting an area it grows during low tide. This is to ensure you get the freshest moss. During low tide, you can either harvest sea moss that's pushed to shore, or you can get it directly from a bed of sea moss. Be sure not to rip the moss out at the root. Instead, cut it ¾th of the way down so that it grows back.
Once you've harvested all the sea moss you need, you'll want to let it dry in the sun or under a heating source. An alternative is to soak the sea moss in warm water for a day and a half. You'll know it's ready by how dry it feels when removed from the liquid.
Atlantic Naturals Sea Moss Powder
Try our new Sea Moss Powder if you're looking to spruce up your vitamin and nutrient intake. Our sea moss powder is combined with ashwagandha, beetroot, and maca. If you're curious about what each ingredient does, please check out our other articles by clicking the links. Otherwise, here's a brief overview of the benefits for the 3.
- Ashwagandha: This Indian herb can improve mood, blood flow, and helps fight the spread of free radicals.
- Beetroot: Beetroot can help maintain blood pressure and increase physical and mental performance. Fun fact: Beetroots are low in calories and high in nutrition, making them a fun, healthy snack to munch on!
- Maca: Maca, originating from Peru, aids in reducing cholesterol levels, the risk of heart disease, and high blood pressure.
Our sea moss powder contains all the vitamins and nutrients as raw sea moss, and each container provides 30 servings. The natural superfood can help you replenish your body and your mind. Just remember to take 1-2 tablespoons per day consistently. That's all you need to feel a difference. Lastly, don't miss out on exclusive deals for subscribers and regular orders. Eat healthy, exercise, and you'll discover a new and improved quality of life.