There are two types of people in the world: the ones who already know about Sea Moss and the ones who are about to discover its wonder.
There are two reasons why you may have clicked on this post. You either want to know how much Sea Moss to take daily or you thought "What the heck is Sea Moss?" and wanted to learn more. Whether you're a part of the first or the second group, allow me to enlighten you.
A little background on Sea Moss
The inhabitants of Jamaica (and the Caribbean islands in general) have blessed us with the news about a species of red algae called Sea Moss. If you were wondering, it can be found growing on the Atlantic Ocean's coasts both in Europe and North America waters. People are consuming it because of its magical "superfood" abilities. Well, they're not exactly magical. Science can explain them perfectly fine, but it sure feels like they are. It's hard to believe how many big health benefits are contained in this small thing.
How big could the health benefits of Sea Moss possibly be?
The benefits are nearly endless:
- Very few foods in the whole world have such a huge nutrient consistency - so much that you can survive on raw Sea Moss for months on end. It contains 92 out of the 102 minerals needed for our bodies! Not only that but also 13 different kinds of vitamins to keep us healthy and protected. If that wasn't enough, the Sea Moss is rich in fatty acids and to top it all off: protein as well.
- You know what it's also rich in? Pre-biotics. They help their brothers, the pro-biotics, to regulate healthy bacteria in the gut. When the balance is frail, the digestive system can suffer from acid reflux or gassing. Nobody wants that, right?
- Sea Moss is rich in iodine, which helps regulate thyroid hormone production and in that way, assists with better fertility and well-being of the conceived child.
- It helps acne and aging skin problems by nurturing skin cell growth.
- It is a natural aphrodisiac for the male libido.
I know, all this information can feel a bit overwhelming! It can't be helped because they're just so many benefits to this superfood. Check out this article for more details on every single one of the benefits listed above, and learn more about the science that backs it all up!
Don't go overboard
Researchers may have discovered all of these amazing benefits, but we're still in the beginning stages of finding the most optimal way to take advantage of them.
Therefore, the appearance of side effects is not out of the picture for people with certain conditions or allergies. It is always best to consult your physician or health care provider before beginning any new vitamins or supplements.
What benefits am I likely to see?
Well, above I mentioned the richness in iodine that could help with fertility. The amount of iodine in Sea Moss can vary widely depending on the location it was harvested and the time/season of the year.
On occasion, freshly harvested Sea Moss can contain more iodine that recommended in the average diet. It is best to discuss usage with a doctor if you have any thyroid conditions. Those with hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism should be cautious before starting a new regimen.
Sometimes, Sea Moss can also contain metals on the heavier side, which are not exactly the best for any of us. It all comes down to the regulation of daily dosages to ensure that you don’t get too much of a good thing.
With great power comes great responsibility — as they say. That's why we should be careful with how much Sea Moss we consume. Always follow the recommended dosages or the advice of your doctor.
So..how much Sea Moss to take daily?
It depends. I know this wasn't the answer you want to hear, but it does actually depend on a couple of things. (I told you it was inconsistent.)
I keep mentioning iodine everywhere, but it's one of the most abundant nutrients in Sea Moss and because of that, it's among the trickier ones. Scientists are aware of its fragile balance, so they did their best to come up with a recommended daily dosage to limit those concerns as much as possible. And indeed, if the everyday dose is combined with a steady and persistent food diet or regimen, it will be very hard to get too much iodine.
The recommended Sea Moss Gel dosage to take daily is 1-2 tablespoons or 4-8 grams.
The recommended Sea Moss capsule dosage is 1000mg per day.
Do not go far beyond that approximate quantity.
An important thing to do if you want to be completely sure.
Double-check with your doctor. Every person is different and a health care provider will be able to give you more concrete advice depending on your unique situation and conditions - frequency of usage, daily dose, what form to take Sea Moss, etc.
Thankfully, we have different variations of Sea Moss products to choose from. All you need to do is click here to go to the page and pick one that best fits your needs and can bring you the most benefits. Let us know how it goes!
Before you go, here are some ideas on how to take Sea Moss in different forms.
- It doesn't have much flavor so you can mix it up in pretty much every cooking recipe. Smoothies, cakes, sauces, soups, even ice cream. If you're not the cooking type, you could even mix it in with your morning juice.
- You can take it raw or in the form of a gel, but there are a few extra steps you need to take care of first. The Sea Moss needs to be soaked in water until it plumps up and then rinsed. After that, it needs to be blended with more water until it becomes smooth. There are plenty of tutorials online that show you the process step by step if you need further instruction.
Both of the above-mentioned methods require a bit more effort and time. If you're up for it, go ahead! However, the Sea Moss capsules are the least complicated and most simple straightforward way to take this supplement. There is no risk to mess up the measurements or worry about how it may taste in your recipe!
Check them out, you'll thank me later.